Quality Siding for Your Home
The siding on your home is there to do more than just look good. It is necessary for providing protection and structure from the elements. For the most bang for your buck, you need a material that is durable, reliable, and long-lasting. Of course, it still needs to look good for your neighborhood and for yourself. One of the best and most commonly used options on the market are vinyl planks. They provide incredible beauty, protection, and value. For more information, dial (336) 823-6156 to be connected with Gleason Home Improvements. We’ll go over vinyl siding in High Point, NC with you, among other things.
Residential Siding Options
As a homeowner, you are going to have a variety of options to choose from when you decide it’s time for new siding. The whole point of exterior siding is to provide structure, curb appeal, and protection from the elements. For that, you are going to need a truly dependable material. One that will last and be reliable for years to come. You can choose from options such as:
- And More!
More often than not, homeowners go with vinyl siding. It is a tried and true option that everyone knows. Contractors can install it with easy and it is relatively easy to maintain. With vinyl, though, it’s important to ensure you are working with high-quality vinyl. Something like Royal Crest siding is a great option for inexpensive, yet high-quality vinyl siding. There are a number of things to consider with this siding option. You can contact a Gleason Home Improvements to go over your options.
Vinyl Siding Pros and Cons
Vinyl is a trusted option because of how well it does perform when exposed to the elements. That being said, if you have the opportunity and budget to do so, it is best to consider all your options. Do a comparison of vinyl siding vs wood or vinyl siding vs fiber cement. Know all of the pros and cons before you make a decision.
- Resilient: Vinyl is incredibly resilient and durable. It won’t rust or corrode like metal and it won’t rot like wood. The material could even be hit with a baseball and be perfectly fine.
- Versatile: This is one of the few siding options that come in a large variety of options. You can choose between just about any color, texture, and style. Vinyl can also be produced to look like other siding options, such as cedar.
- Maintenance: There is surprisingly very little maintenance needed with this option. You’ll need to go through and clean the boards on occasion, but you won’t need to keep a watchful eye on it like you would with other options.
- Cheap: An unfortunate drawback of vinyl is that it can be produced very cheaply. This reduces everything. The installation, the longevity, and the appearance.
- Repairs: Another major drawback is the fact that repairs are hard to do. That’s because you can’t really just repair a small section. Entire planks will have to be replaced if there is damage.
- Commonality: Because vinyl is popular, it can be found on something like 90% of homes today. This can make it hard to have your home stand out from the rest, especially if you are trying to sell.
What most homeowners want to know is, will vinyl siding increase home value? And the answer is, yes! Updating the siding on your home will increase your property value, your curb appeal, and your ROI if you are considering selling the home. It’s not like if you need a pipe leak repair, which is often necessary. That won’t provide an almost instantaneous increase to the look and value of your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best vinyl siding?
- There are a variety of top brands for vinyl siding. You have options from brands like Certainteed, Crane, Alside, Vaniform, and our personal favorite, Royal crest. We work with Royal regularly because it is dependable, reliable, and looks great.
- How long does vinyl siding last on a house?
- The longevity of vinyl siding will be dependant on the quality of the planks themselves. Cheaply made vinyl planks will crack, fade, and fail just a few years after installation. Even with maintenance, you’ll find the need to replace them sooner than you may think.
- Does vinyl siding add value to your home?
- Any update to your home will more than likely add value to it. Using high-quality siding will guarantee a better return of investment than using a cheaper alternative. Vinyl is an option that will increase the value of your home.
- Is cedar siding better than vinyl?
- Cedar will always be an aesthetically pleasing option for homes. It is always a reliable siding option, though it does require more maintenance. That being said, vinyl can be made to look very similar, if not just like, cedar siding. And vinyl will cost you significantly less than cedar.
- What are the benefits of vinyl siding?
- Of course, vinyl is going to enhance your curb appeal and add value to your home. It will also protect from insect and animal infestations. Vinyl siding can resist mold and mildew growths, it comes with a variety of options and so much more.
Schedule an Appointment With Us Today
When you are ready to learn more about vinyl siding in High Point, NC, give Gleason Home Improvements a call. We’re happy to help in any way we can. Dial (336) 823-6156 to get started.