Residential Metal Roofing
For homeowners considering a metal roof this summer, there are several things to consider. The most important for many is “How expensive is a metal roof installation?” And that’s a great question! But cost shouldn’t be the only thing keeping you from a metal roof. There are numerous advantages metal roofing can provide that asphalt and even clay roofing tiles can’t beat. So when you want to discuss a metal roof installation in High Point, NC, contact Gleason Home Improvements. We’re available now at __PHONE__.
Metal Roof Installation vs Shingles
When you are considering a metal roof, there are a lot of things to look at. For many homeowners, they are comparing metal roofing to asphalt shingles, trying to determine which is better. So let’s take a look
Metal Roof Installation
- Energy Efficient: Metal roofing can really help with the energy efficiency in your home. The material will reflect heat away, rather than absorbing it. Which means your HVAC system will be able to operate more efficiently.
- Long-lasting: One of the best benefits of metal roofing is that it is long lasting. Most installations can last upwards of 75 years! And most manufacturers offer 50 year warranties on all products.
- Expensive: But one of the biggest downsides is the expense. A metal roof can cost a pretty penny that many homeowners don’t have and can’t afford. The cost does depend on a lot of things, but comparatively it is more expensive than asphalt shingles.
- Trusted Material: Asphalt shingles have been used for decades upon decades because we know they work. They will get the job done, look good, and be consistently reliable on any home, anywhere.
- Anyone Can Install: Unlike metal roofing, asphalt shingles can be installed by any roofer, even the most inexperienced. Metal roofing requires expertise that most roofers won’t ever have, while asphalt shingles do not.
- Inexpensive: Comparatively speaking, asphalt shingles are cheaper to purchase and install. But in some cases where the square footage of a roof is smaller or larger, asphalt shingles could be more expensive.
If energy efficiency is what you are after, then maybe instead of investing in a metal roof, you could consider an energy efficient HVAC system. That being said, a metal roof can provide so many more benefits than energy efficiency. No matter what, take the time to contact a reliable roofing company to discuss your options.
How Metal Roofing Adds Value to Your Home
Just because something is expensive doesn’t mean it will automatically add value to your home. Unless it’s a metal roof. Generally speaking, metal roofing can add significant resale value to your home when it is installed properly. More than that, it can increase your current property value as well as the property value of the homes around you. How is this accomplished?
Mainly because metal roofing just looks good. It provides a clean and beautiful aesthetic that can’t be replicated by any other material. Metal roofing is also fire and corrosion resistant, making it extremely durable. That durability makes it worthwhile for insurance providers who may want to offer you lower premiums for completing a metal roof installation process. At the end of the day, residential roofing really can benefit from metal roofing. This structure and material offer a unique, modern look that asphalt shingles don’t provide. Now, there are many metal roof installation do’s and don’ts to consider in order to preserve your value increase. Don’t walk on your roof with certain shoes, don’t ignore damage, and do invest in regular maintenance and repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it cheaper to get a metal roof or shingles?
- It will actually depend on the type of metal roof you want and the square footage of coverage. For the most part, however, metal will be more expensive per square foot, but in the long run it can provide significant money saving benefits.
- Can you put a metal roof over shingles?
- Yes, a metal roof can be installed directly over shingles without removing them. Local building codes will need to be reviewed before doing so, but in most cases, metal can be installed over any other material.
- Are metal roofs good?
- It depends on what you need, but on a residential property, a metal roof is very good. This structure provides a level of protection and durability that just aren’t matched by another other material.
- Which is better metal roof or shingles?
- While metal is considered one of the better materials for a residential roof, asphalt shingles do have their place. Deciding what is better for you home will depend on what you need and what you can afford now as well as long term.
- What is the best type of metal roof?
- Generally speaking, a standing seam metal roof is one of the best metal roofing structures for both residential and commercial purposes. It has hidden fasteners that prevent it from rusting or corroding with extended exposure to the elements.
Make an Appointment With Gleason Home Improvements for Metal Roofing and More!
Rely on Gleason Home Improvements for all your roofing needs. Give us a call at (336) 823-6156 to talk about a metal roof installation in High Point, NC or the surrounding areas.